Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

New area...not so new companion

In case you didn't know, transfers were yesterday, but with President's day on Monday, emailing got moved to today, all because of transfers.

(No pictures, sorry, my camera cord is still packed (I hope)!!!

Yes, I have been moved out of El Paso, *insert dying T-rex noise* but... I am now on one of the two areas in the whole mission on an Indian reservation... with my companion, Elder Jackman, who was part of the MTC squad!! The best part of this area (besides the people, of course) is that my normal proselyting attire does not include dress pants.  I get to walk around, try talking to people in a white shirt, tie, jeans and tennis shoes.  woot woot!

I now live in a trailer, it's pretty sweet, but instead of having downtown El Paso, now I am in an area where if there is more than 6 houses put together, it's unusual.  Needless to say, we don't knock doors very often.  XD 

While I was still in El Paso, our recent convert, Gary, took us out to dinner and we had sea food, so now I've had oysters (super salty, by the way)  but it was awesome!  I'll definitely miss El Paso, but I know that I always have a home there!

Shout out to the young men of the Shelley 4th ward!  I got your package yesterday, so that helped a lot- even though I had just bought a toothbrush like 2 weeks ago.  XD   (Thanks, Jaron for the granola bars, I knew it was you, too bad I don't have a locker to stash them in  XD) [if it wasn't Jaron, sorry!]

Now I cover two branches instead of 1 ward, and it's gonna be a party!  Elder Jackman and I are gonna light Laguna, Acoma, and To'hajiilee on fire with the Spirit!

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!! You'll hear from me next Monday (probably ;)
--
Elder Eli James Dial

PS. to das parents, I sent a package yesterday I don't remember when it said it'll get there, but it's going by ground from El Paso, so watch for it!

PPS Also to das parents.  I got your package last Wednesday, thanks for the G's (and the cookies and candy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment