Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 6, 2017

It's February?!?!

Happy late birthdays to:
Jenn
Isaac
Dennis the menace ;)
Ashley
Dillon

I don't remember the exact dates for all of them (and if there are any that I forgot/don't know of, sorry, my brain is slowly shifting to street addresses of members and such), I just know they've happened in-between December and today.  Love you peeps!

As for this week, not much has happened, but we did go on exchanges, so Elder Campbell, a Spanish missionary who goes home with me, came with me to my area, where he thought he would get away from Spanish for a day... yeah, we basically talked to only Spanish people in this area... I didn't try to, that's just all the people we managed to actually talk to.  Probably because they would answer the door and see two white guys and tried to use Spanish on us, but that trick didn't work that day!!   Yeah, he was a little mad/jokingly that he used more Spanish than English, but you know, he'll be happy in the long run.  XD

So, I've decided that everyone has something that they want to be, something they know they can be, but they/we don't quite measure up to what we envision ourselves to be.  I've been thinking recently about that, and I'm reminded of the "Day of the Lord" activity we did back in January.  We were asked "What do you want to become from the mission?" (or something like that).  Then, we were asked, "What are you willing to sacrifice to achieve that?"  I've learned that it's only a sacrifice if it's something we love that we give up.  We all know something we could give up to come closer to Heavenly Father *cough cough* football/superbowl (or the commercials) *cough cough*  So we need to ask ourselves, "what do I need to do to achieve this" or "what do I need to give up to become this" but, the ultimate question that will get an answer is, "what does the Lord need me to sacrifice to become what He needs me to be?"  The Gospel is true, don't ever give up on yourselves, just focus on the Savior and it'll all work out!

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu! 
-- 
Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment