Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The No Subject Email

Well, I don't have much to say, so I'll just tell you what I can and answer some questions and such that have come up to me that I've basically ignored/looked over.

Someone tell Grandpa D to stop driving, cause if this pattern continues, when Jackson goes on his mission in a couple months a third car will be wrecked, and he might not be as lucky. And I'm pretty I speak for both (and soon, all three) of us Elders Dial that we want a grandpa when we get back. :)

Sarah, good luck with your new calling, but if it makes you feel better, there isn't even a choir here, so yeah.  The ward has 94 or so active people, and to tell you how much work needs to be done, there were only 6 in Elders Quorum on Sunday- there are supposed to be 46. And there's 109 prospective elders- so at least 50 inactive families we need to play hide and seek with.  They have 3 or 4 active young men- and for mutual, every week is combined because they only have a max of 10 active youth-- and that's with the football players who can't go cause of practice.

Dad, no, we weren't near UTEP, as there are 3 zones/stakes just for the city of El Paso, and we have downtown/we're the central zone.  (That's code for I have no idea where UTEP even is, so I'm gonna say no.) And no, I have no idea what movie that is, but the quote from last week was meant to be from "Forever Strong".

Merinda, of course the minions are driving you nuts.  It's cause I'm not there so someone's got to do it!  They are just fulfilling their calling. ;)  And you better actually paint the rooms- we've been saying that we would for like 6 years, but we never did- so you'd best follow up on the word. 

I lied last week when I said that I'd be sending a package to Adi soon. I'm just actually going to send a package to my parents, and some of the stuff inside will be for her and Emera, meant to be delivered to her sometime. I haven't sent it yet, so you probably won't get it in time for this weekend.  The package will have letters for most of the fam back there, so that's why you haven't really gotten any.

So Elder Proctor and I had a genius idea to go contacting some people downtown--at night... on a Friday... yeah... needless to say that was pretty ineffective...  We found out later that a guy had been stabbed to death that same night- the only consolation is that we don't know where downtown it happened but that it was apparently around midnight (I think the guy was lying to us when he said that, but it did help, a little bit).

Now it's picture time. The first two pictures are from the hike we did as a zone last P-day.  The first picture should be one side of El Paso, and the other picture should be the other side.  Yes, the mountains we hiked are in the middle of the city- and it literally is city.  At night, all I can see on the horizon is city. Literally. 
The next two are from temple day, yesterday.  I am not actually the tallest, I just wanted to be seen over the Elder who is the tallest, who is standing in front of me.  That's my zone here in the Chamizal zone.  The next one, is me and my comp, Elder Proctor.  This picture doesn't accurately describe his personality, but it does describe the differences in his personality and mine.  








I almost forgot to talk about Missionary Monday (temple Monday)-  President and Sister Guffey gave short talks before each session (there were 4) and we were the last session, cause we're the farthest away from the temple.  So they came into the session with us!  I actually ended up sitting by President Guffey the whole time-which was slightly intimidating but epic.

I'm doing good, my body's getting used to the weather- 60 degrees is starting to be cold (I don't like that at all) but it's only been that way since yesterday- and we were in Albuquerque yesterday, where it was 70 degrees and that was perfect.

Also, about my Christmas present- I have no preference of the size of the picture or anything like that.  Just send them when you can. :)

Anyways, I got to go! There is work for us all to do!

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!


--
Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment