Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017?!?!?!

New Year's Goals:

I didn't really write any.  

Now that that's out of the way, I had written mission goals for what I wanted to have accomplished, or become, from the mission, along with a yearly goal and a 6 month goal to help me check my progress towards the end goal, but I'm still not going to share those.  XD

As for pictures this week-none, there wasn't that much to take pictures of- we actually had rain for about 3 days, it was super weird!!  I haven't seen that much water since... I went to the pool back in July or whenever it was before I left.  XD

Elder Dunn and I have been struggling this last week with finding new investigators- neither of us really talk to people that much on the street or anything, but that's the main objective for this week. When Elder Pearson came to the mission, he told those of us in the South that we need to start believing that we could find 10-15 new investigators each week-- so that means there's that many people ready to receive the gospel!  That's the quest for this week, the last week of the transfer!

For New Year, we did what was called a "Day with the Lord"  that started Saturday Night-  we started off by getting to deep clean our apartment for 2 hours (I've never been happier to clean in my life), then we got some deep spiritual reflections from President and Sister Guffey (before I forget, we were given a series of 9 envelopes that we had to open the 1st one at 6pm on Saturday, then it would tell us what to do and when to open the next one, so on and so forth). Then we woke up yesterday and stayed in all day- reading the Book of Mormon.  So yeah- we started at 6:45 a.m. and read till as late as we could- we still had to plan a little for today, but yep! That was our whole day yesterday- starting and reading the BoM!  I only got to the middle of Alma, but it was awesome! *cue the mind blown-ness*

I'll end with something that I found yesterday about missionary work.  It's about family history work, but missionary work, family history work and temple work are all part of the same work- you're bringing souls to Christ!  1 Nephi 5:16-17   Lehi was rejoicing partly because he had the word of God, and partly because he found out that he was a descendant of Joseph!  He found out through family history work who he was and it filled him with the Spirit!! So if it's that important to one man to know who he is, imagine how important and cool that would be to anyone and everyone on this earth! We're all part of a massive family, and you all love your family, right? Then let me ask a question:  In the eternities, how many of your family members are you going to live without??

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!!

--
Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment