Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

It's DECEMBER?!?!?!?!?!?!

So, this week a lot has happened!

Elder Dunn and I got a new investigator, who is on date to be baptized!  Neither of us had met him, he was a referral from the Montwood hermanas (they're in El Paso zone, the zone that I was in for a week) and we hadn't even talked about putting him on date.  But the Spirit was strong there, and suddenly we invite him to be baptized on Christmas Eve, to which he responds, "What do I got to do??"  :)  :)

Oh, Elder Dunn is from Elko Nevada, he's been on his mission for 16 months and he's awesome!  He quotes movies all the time, so it's glorious. 

As for the pictures, that first one is what I bought on Thanksgiving when I was on the East side of El Paso, that was my binge buy so we could stay awake during weekly planning (for our two separate areas).


Thanks fam for the massive Thanksgiving note/sign/thingy!  I hung it up over my bed, as you can see.  It was awesome!


Along with that, the mail thing is changing.  The mission office where I had you send all your letters, is now going to be forwarding the mail to my apartment- except for the week before transfers, and packages.  So I won't get packages till the Zone Conferences, but I'll get your mail in my mailbox, now.

The third picture is a picture that Elders Hill and Hancey have hanging in their apartment, I had to take a picture cause it was so epic.  Even if you don't like Spongebob, it's pretty hilarious. XD


I know this is a short one, but hey! There's work to be done, so I'll just leave with a little poem that was said at sacrament meeting by our young men's president;

"There are two kinds of people on earth today,
Two kinds of people no more I say.
Not the good or the bad, for it's well understood,
The good are half bad, the bad are half good.

Not the happy or sad, for in the swift-flying years, 
Bring each man his laughter, each man his tears.
Not the rich or the poor, for to count a man's wealth, 
You must know the state of his conscience and health.

Not the humble and proud, for in life's busy span, 
Who puts on vain airs is not counted a man.
No! the two kinds of people on earth I mean,
Are the people who lift, the people who lean.

Wherever you go you'll find the world's masses
Are ever divided into these two classes.
And, strangely enough, you will find, too, I mean,
There is only one lifter to twenty who lean.

In which class are you? Are you easing the load
Of the overtaxed lifters who toiled down the road?
Or are you a leaner who lets others bear, 
Your portion of worry and labor and care?"

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!

Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment