Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween Edition

Happy birthday yesterday Sarah!  Hope it wasn't as stressful as it sounds this week was!


Pictures--  that's me, going all out Kronk (I didn't do the theme music, I was in a bit of a sketchy neighborhood) from "The Emperor's New Groove"  on the Mexican border.  Sorry it's not that good of quality, Elder Proctor didn't feel like zooming in or anything, so that's how it was.



That second one is from the bus.  I got on, I sit down in a seat, and that's what I was staring at.  So what did I do?  I took that sticker off and it now resides in my journal, cause I couldn't stop laughing.  Besides, it probably shouldn't have been there and I was saving people from the temptation. ;)


This week- Stephanie is still gone, we have no idea where she is, the family that we had been meeting with had cancelled every lesson that we were supposed to have with them last week, and we have a new 10 year-old investigator that is on date to be baptized November 19.  We're gonna see if we can move it to the 12th, cause she's super ready, loves primary (been to church multiple times already) and wants to be baptized, so we'll find out if she wants to.   But yeah, there's been good and bad this week, but we just gotta keep on keepin on. ;)

Happy Halloween!  It doesn't feel like Halloween to me, as it's still around 90 degrees- the ward parties this ward has are outside, and are planned to be outside for all of November, I think, so I don't know if it'll ever feel like Christmas or anything to me so time just goes on, I guess.

Someone tell Levi that Elder Hancey is in my district and is one of the elders who opened up the Fort Bliss ward, and that he's doing awesome!

Thanks Aunt Janice for the package- the M&M's are basically all gone already... I think there are 3 packets left...  (don't worry I shared)

Zone training was last Friday, where we found out that zone conferences, which used to be held every quarter- once every three months- is now going to happen every transfer, along with personal interviews with President, which are this week.  

I've been learning some Spanish so that I can talk to more people- cause most of them try to act like they don't speak English, but that's not gonna work no more!

Quote for the week:  "The world works from the outside in.  The Lord works from the inside out.  The world would take people out of the slums.  The Lord takes the slums out of people and they take themselves out of the slums.... Yes, Christ changes men, and changed men can change the world."                                       
-(don't know who, I can let you know next week)
  
Alma 60:23
Matthew 7:3-5

Keep the faith, don't forget who you are, and don't stop applying the Atonement in your lives!  Use it every day, and encourage others to do the same!

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!!

Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment