Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 14, 2016

Everything's bigger in Texas

Happy Birthday, Nate!!  
(No, Sarah, I did not need that reminder, I already knew :)

So, after the election and all that, the work has been a little harder- people accusing us of voting for this person, people just all out ignoring us (more than usual) or giving us death glares when we say hi, and we've heard/seen a couple protests about it-- surprise, surprise.  As I've heard it said in the last couple days, "From the land of the free and the home of the brave to the land of the entitled and home of the offended."  

Anyways, you know the guy from last week, the "Reverend Veteran"?  HE FOUND ME AGAIN.  This time I (Elder Proctor was 3 seats in front of me on the bus) only got 20 minutes of being told that Joseph Smith didn't see an angel, and how he saw the devil disguised as an angel of light.  He told me how Republican means "repentant sinner" and how back in 2000 God told him to only vote Republican.  He tried to teach me the law of chastity, told me to get married, and then proceeded to try and hook me up ON THE SPOT.  He literally turned to the girl in front of him, started talking in rapid Spanish, and all I understood was "Hermano Dial" and I'm pretty sure that he forced her to say hi to me.  Let's just say that I'm glad I didn't have anything lethal on me.  XD

Transfers happen the week after Thanksgiving, but Elder Proctor is going up to Albuquerque on Sunday, (we think, we still have no idea and we'll probably find out Friday)  so I don't know what's gonna happen to me during that week and a half, but everything will work out.

So in the last week the weather has dropped down to 75 being the high, and I'm loving it. Elder Proctor is freezing some days, and I just wish I could lay down on the only grass El Paso has, and chill.  But no, the work must go on, so I'll just have to wait till 2018 for that to happen.  

Along with that weather change, I've got my seasonal cough that I get. And I'm beginning to think that my body was meant for Texas-it just goes big or it goes home-  because I woke up yesterday with what we think is flipping pink-eye.  FLIPPING PINK EYE.  Last time I had pink eye I had bronchitis, too, so... I'm only slightly worried.  A senior couple that's serving in the ward bought us cough drops on Saturday, (which helped a TON)- and as for the pink eye- I got a blessing yesterday, and 15 minutes later we were at our dinner appointment, where they gave me some cold medicine, soup, and crackers to take home.  We go to our next appointment with Jaylynn, and her grandma lives with them, and she pulls out eye drops- one kind for pain, and the other for pink eye- and boom! Everything is going better!  If I get sick while here, there's no worries, cause there's like 6 people in the medical field here, including and ER doctor- Bro Root, so I'm set. XD

This is kinda random, but there's a burrito place here in El Paso, where the burrito is about... 18 inches long... you think I'm joking, but it's flipping MASSIVE.  I'll send a pic next time we get it. As far as food goes, I've had what Elder Proctor and I have been calling "man salad" or discada-- where there's a mosh pit between hamburger, hot dog, bacon, and sausage-- with chips.  

The primary program was yesterday, and it was awesome!!  There's a deaf sister in the ward, so the primary learned a song with sign language for her, and even though it was rough, it was sweet to feel the spirit that the children have, and the love the ward has for them!!

Remember-- "Be-e-e yourself"

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!

--
Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment