Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Tons of changes!!

Happy birthday yesterday, Steph!! (sorry it's late, time just goes by way fast :)

So, next week is transfer week, and we find out who in the zone is being transferred on Saturday- which is kinda sad, but good.  

Funny(est) story for the week: We met a drunk guy (who we think was homeless) who had met missionaries before.  So he started joking around with us...... by telling us that if we ever left the church he could "hook us up with a prostitute and a beer"...  Once he got off the bus, I promise, I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY LIFE.  He did tell us that he was just kidding, but I really don't think he was.

I don't have any pictures for ya this week, but I'll try to get some soon!

News flash- this is my last pre-hump day P-day!  It's now going to be pre-pre-hump day (or post-post-post-post-post hump day, if you prefer).  Yep, as on next week....  IT'S A MONDAY.  So, for those of you who don't know (or didn't get that reference), there is going to be tons of whales-giving-birth-to-a-roaring-Trex-uppercutting-plato-cans references for the rest of the mission. XD
The best part about it?  Halloween falls on a Monday!!  So, we, as a zone, are getting together and having a Halloween party- and we're allowed to dress up!  It's going to be sweet! (and Christmas is on a Monday next year- woot!!)

Yes, Dad, I would like a copy of the conference edition of the Ensign, it was just THAT EPIC that I need to have one. ;)  and my comp is from Washington, and I'm probably gonna kill him (in missionary terms, "kill" means "going home"- he goes home the Wednesday before Thanksgiving)

Elder Proctor and I set a goal this month to get 4 baptisms- you think it's easy-ish, but this area has only had 4 baptisms this year so far, so we've been working around the clock to find people.  As of today, we are teaching a family of four, and have two or three more others lined up to officially begin teaching either today or tomorrow.  I'll keep you all posted on that!

We have zone training sometime during the first week of every month, so that's when I'll be getting all the snail mail you send, so just a heads up to plan better! 

Well, I can officially say that I understand what the Lord wants me to become over these next 2 years. I'm not going to tell all of you- because I'm just that rude l:)- but I am sending a letter home to Madre y Padre sometime soon (that I wrote on September 14, or something like that) that will probably give them a clue as to what it is, and it's up to them to share that information with the rest of you (if they actually get the hint [I did write that letter before I knew, so it's not blunt about it or anything])

I'm here for all of you, but Christ is all the time!  Turn to him and everything will be alright!!

Te whanaunga mo ake tonu! :)
--
Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment