Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Transfer Week :( :( :(

(Elder Dial sent this on October 30th)

Hi everyone! 

In case you didn't pick up on the hint in the title, I am getting transferred.  :(  The good thing is, is that I knew it was going to happen, so I was able to say bye to most of the people before I left.  I would send pictures, but my camera is dead, and I can't charge it until I unpack the charger tomorrow.  Sorry!

I am getting transferred to Albuquerque, after 14 months of not serving in Albuquerque, I'm finally going there... to the ghettos, also known as the Sage ward and the Ladera ward.  My companion will be Elder Schraedel, I've been on exchanges with him before when he was in the Albuquerque West zone over here.  He's awesome!  I'll be in the Los Lunas stake, so that'll be fun!  I'm not the only thing leaving the Laguna area though- the truck is leaving also!  The 2016 Nissan Frontier that we now drive has been used in this area for the last 2 years, and it has 53000 miles on it- 20,000 of that have been while I've been in the area.  So Elder Cornelison will be driving a brand-spanking new truck and training a brand-spanking new missionary.  

As far as what happened this week, we were able to make tortillas with an investigator- I'll be able to make flour tortillas from scratch when I get home!  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad that I got to do that!  It was with an investigator named Becky, she's been investigating for 2 years, and every missionary that has taught her has made tortillas with her! I didn't think that I was going to be able to, but she made it happen!  I'm pretty sure I burned my finger tips though. XD

I don't know what else to talk about, except that Elder Cornelison and I have had so many funny moments, it's hilarious!  He's so funny, he doesn't even do it on purpose, it kinda just happens. XD  Last week, we were driving to an appointment, listening to music, and I look over at him while I'm driving.  He was staring intently at his index finger.  I asked him what he was doing, to which he responds, "I'm doing the finger worm. Can I help you?"
Another one happened on Saturday.  Knowing I would be leaving, we went to the post office in Cubero to check the mail one last time in case there was one for me.  Elder Cornelison had the key, so he opened it, looked in, seeing nothing, and said, "Hello?"  He usually doesn't get a response, but this time he did.  We hear this man's voice saying, "Hello" in response.  We were super confused. After about 10 seconds of looking around, we realize that the worker there had opened the back and was sorting through the mail right then.  Elder Cornelison realized what had just happened, and he said, "oh, I didn't see you there."  The man then says, "That's alright, you startled me."  We told him that he startled us, and then we awkwardly walked out.  It was pretty great. XD

Not much else to report, I'll let you know more about my area next week!

Te whanuanga mo ake tonu!

Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment