Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I distinctly remember July was last year!! ;)

Hola, family!
Tis been a swell week down in the land of enchantment!   A couple unusual experiences, I can't think of any right now, but know that they happen!  We went on exchanges twice this last week, and for the first one I got to eat some oryx (see picture below for more info) or however you spell it (autocorrect's not saving me here), but I got to eat some (in meatloaf form) with one of our active member families/part member families. It was pretty tasty! 

 
This coming week is transfers- meaning transfers is tomorrow, we found out last week what's going on, and I'm staying in Laguna for at least another 6 weeks.  My companion, Elder Jackman, is going to Socorro, New Mexico, so my new comp will be Elder Cornelison, the most cheerful person I've ever known!  He's a beast, and it's going to be a lot of fun!
We had a less-active that we've been unable to meet with come to church yesterday, it was awesome!  He's been struggling to decide between the Native religion and us, and he's been choosing the Native religion for as long as I've been here, but he and his wife just showed up out of the blue yesterday!  We don't know why, but we do know that it was incredible!
I think I'm going to be a pro gardener/weeder when I get back, for service we weed a lot (a LOT) for people, but we're weeding their front yard, because it's too expensive/a lot of work for grass and such out here in the Land Down Under Colorado.  That's alright, though, it's a lot of good practice, and adjusting the schedule so we're not becoming crispy missionaries (in my case I'd be a baked potato), it's bueno fun!
Improve yourself everyday, you don't have time to waste wittling away the hours of the day!  Every moment is a moment that could've been used to help someone-even if it is "just a smile". 
Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!

Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment