Email Address: eli.dial@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 22, 2017

I don't know about you, but I MAY be feeling 22 (ooo-ooo)

I hope you all have realized that I have been trying to do puns as my subject line for the month of May, I may or may not have quoted a Taylor Swift song right there... but I've been running out of ideas.  Good thing I only have one more week of May puns, then all is well!

As for the rest of the week, we had interviews with President Guffey, which was amazing!  He's such an inspired leader, he's exactly the influence I need at this time of my life!
Next, the mission has been working more to focus on the mid-teens to YSA age people to teach, but we don't know very many in our area that fit that type...  But we are now going to start teaching one who is! His name is Raven, and we've been trying to meet with his older brother, Gabe Jr., for a couple weeks, and again this last week when he went over, Gabe wasn't home.  Raven was babysitting Gabe's kids, so we talked to him a little bit on his porch... More specifically, Elder Jackman talked to him on his porch, I was keeping his 3 year-old niece entertained so he could feel the Spirit more as the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was being taught.  We're going to meet with him again this week, I'll let you know how that goes!
Also, I understand why Dad likes farming/gardening now!  It's pretty fun (I still don't quite like weeding, but everything else is fun!)
Now, for the thought of the day:  President Uchtdorf has said that, "Exaltation is our goal; discipleship is our journey."  We sing a song that says how we become disciples of Christ: "As I have loved you, love one another, by this shall men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another."  That being said, and in the words of President Guffey, "If you don't have love for one another, whose disciple are you?"  What are you doing for your fellow children of God to show you love them?? Or, what aren't you doing?? Now I ask, will you do one thing better to show your love for someone today? Not tomorrow, not some day, today?  After all, there are only seven days in a week and "Some day" is not one of them! 
Te whanaunga mo ake tonu!
--
Elder Eli James Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment